There’s no doubt that any physical activity is generally good for you; but cycling carries a long list of benefits that are sure to leave you feeling great.
Experts say that regularly getting on a bike can help:
- Improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Improve mobility.
- Build muscle strength and increase flexibility.
- Reduce stress.
- Make bones stronger.
- Burn fat.
- Improve your posture and coordination.
- Manage or even prevent certain diseases.
- Reduce anxiety and depression.
You only have to ride your bike for about two to four hours a week to see the benefits. It’s a great option for almost anyone too, because:
- Cycling is considered a low impact exercise; causing fewer injuries than most other types of exercise.
- It will give you good workout. That’s because you use all of you major muscle groups when you pedal.
- It’s easy! Cycling doesn’t really require a high level of skill. Most people are able to learn how to ride one, and once you do, well, you know the old saying.
- It will build your strength and stamina. No more getting winded going up the stairs!
- You can make it as intense as you want. It’s easy to start off slow and build intensity, eventually becoming a demanding workout.
- It’s fun! Seriously, we’re not pulling your leg. It’s quite a thrill to coast down hills and riding along with your friends. Plus it’ easy to do almost anywhere. All you need is access to a safe road. And studies show that there a ton of health benefits that come with having a good time.